Many people are used to making puree from different fruits and vegetables with blenders. But you don’t always need one. In this article, you’ll learn how to make a puree without a blender handy. Stick around!
- Step 1: Cut the fruit or vegetable into smaller pieces for easier cooking and mashing
- Step 2: Pass it through a food mill, or press it through a chinois strainer to get your smooth puree.
- Step 3: You can also use other tools such as a mortar and pestle, food processor, fork and bowl (for baby foods), etc.
How Can I make strawberry Puree Without a Blender?
Pureeing strawberries without a blender is not as hard as it looks. Here are some ways to go about it.
Using A Steamer Basket
Strawberries are easier to break down when they are cooked. You place your strawberry into the steamer basket and cook it for a few minutes. After that, you can puree it by using a rolling pin.
Using A Chef’s Knife
The handle of a chef’s knife is made heavy and can also be used to crush Strawberries and make a smooth strawberry puree.
Using A Food Processor
Instead of using a blender, you can use a food processor to puree strawberries. You put the cooked strawberries in the processor after plugging it and turn it ON to make your smooth strawberry puree.
Want to puree tomatoes, but you don’t have a blender handy? We’ve got you. Here are some of your options.
Using A Food Mill
You can pass the tomatoes through a food mill and get them crushed to make a fine and smooth tomato puree.
Read also: What Is Tomato Frito?
Using A Chinois strainer
A Chinois is a cone-shaped sieve with a metal mesh used to sieve your food. For example, you push your soft and cooked tomatoes through the hole and press them with a spoon or pestle to make it easier and faster.
Using A Mesh Strainer
You can push your cooked tomatoes through a mesh strainer, and you will get the same result as when you use a blender.
How Can I Puree Baby Food Without A Blender?
There are multiple ways to puree baby food without a blender. Let’s consider a few.
Using A Mortar and pestle
This method gets you a smooth puree for your baby. You place the cooked baby food in the mortar, add little water, and pound it with the pestle until it is as smooth as possible.
Using A Fork and A Bowl
This is like the mortar and pestle method. However, you have to mash the cooked baby food gently unless you want to break your bowl. Then, you put the cooked baby food into a bowl and mash it till you get the desired texture. If it’s still hard after mashing, you can add some milk to soften it.
Using A Kitchen Grater
This is used when the baby food is uncooked. You will grate the food into a bowl containing water, and when you’re done grating, you’ll boil it and mash it with a fork to make it smoother.
Using A Potato Masher
This is mainly used when making potato puree. You use it with a bowl so that the puree will fall into the bowl when the boiled potato is pressed through the masher.
You can make a fruit puree in two easy steps. First, cut the fruit into smaller particles to allow easier and faster cooking. After cooking, you can now pass the fruit through a food mill or press through a chinois to get a smooth fruit puree.
- Step 1:After you’ve gotten your pureed strawberry, you will divide it into small containers and put it in a freezer
- Step 2:Make sure you leave a space of around 2.5cm in the container to accommodate expansion
- Step 3:Strawberry puree can be frozen for as long as 6 months
If you want to make your strawberries fresh again, you only have to put them into a bucket of iced water for about 20 minutes. Afterward, you get to enjoy fresh and juicy strawberries once more.
How to Make a Shake Without a Blender
You can easily make a milkshake without a blender. Just follow these steps;
- Step 1: Put some ice cream and milk into a bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Step 2: Keep mixing till you get your desired milkshake texture and consistency.
- Step 3:Pour your milkshake into a cup and top it with whipped cream. Then, you have your shake made without a blender.
We’ve taken the time to curate a list of some of the best food processors to puree meat in 2022. Here’s what to look out for on your next shopping trip:
- Ninja professional 9-cup food processor
- Nutribullet NBP50100 food processor
- Ninja professional plus kitchen system with auto IQ
- Cuisinart elemental 14-cup food processor
- Cuisinart elemental 13-cup food processor
Yes, you can definitely put strawberries in a juicer. However, if you use a centrifugal juicer, you will mostly get a pureed pulp. To prevent this, instead of a centrifugal juicer, try using a cold-press masticating juicer.
Yes, you can use a mixer in place of a food processor. You just need to put the food in a basin, add the mixer, and turn it ON.
However, it also depends on what you want to do. For example, if you want to grind nuts, a mixer can’t serve that purpose.
Yes, strawberries can be canned. This is mainly done to preserve the strawberries and keep them for use in pies, toppings, and treats.
Yes, you can make a smoothie without having to use a blender. What you need to do is to choose ripe fruits and soft vegetables. After that, you mash them together in a bowl and add any protein you want to add. Finally, you can add milk or juice to reduce thickness.
- Does Ketchup Need To Be Refrigerated After Opening? – Our Top Tips
- Pizza Stone Turned Black? Tips For Cleaning And Restoring To Original Color
I write about the intersection between evolutionary biology and food. I also talk about practical applications, sustainable agriculture, and general tasty things