Making crabby snacks and homemades shouldn’t cost you a lot, and the ingredients are easy to find. However, this excellent cuisine can quickly become a nightmare without proper guidance.
It all depends on how you make it. In 2013, Weaver delivered Silver Linings Playbook’s most memorable line: “I’m making crabby snacks and homemades.” If yours is going to be anything like that, you will need a step-by-step tutorial on how to make them the right way
This will be our focus: the recipe and a step-by-step guide.
Making Crabby Snacks and Homemades – Step by Step Guide
What are crabby snacks? When I first heard the name, what came to mind was a snack made from crabs. Yuck! Well, after some careful exploration and research, I found out that crabby snacks are just “buttered crabmeat and orange cheese on English muffins.”
On the other hand, Homemades is nothing more than fresh egg pasta. That sounds ‘yummy’ don’t you think?
To make these at home won’t take much of your time. Let’s take them one after the other.
To make crabby snacks, you will need the following: softened butter, drained crabmeat, cheese spread, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and English muffins cut in halves.
Here’s what you should do with the ingredients that you already have.
- Step 1: Put the English muffins or the baguette (you can use either) in the oven to toast, just until they are crispy and golden brown. Don’t forget to slice the baguette or bread before leaving it to toast in the oven. The challenge here is the danger of over-toasting the muffins. A lower temperature will solve the issue. Also, check on them at one-minute intervals. The bread should not be left in the oven for over 5 to 8 minutes.
- Step 2: Pick a clean bowl and prepare your mixture when the bread or muffin is ready. Put your cheese in the bowl first. Next, add the drained crab meat to the bowl.
- Step 3: Add your butter and mayonnaise to the mixture. Don’t worry if you are not a fan of butter or mayonnaise. If you don’t like one of them, you can leave one out and use the other, that is, use only butter or only mayonnaise.
- Step 4: Get your garlic powder and add a little to the mixture. Do the same with your onion powder. At this point, you can add any other spice you want, like Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, or pepper, to the moisture in tiny quantities.
- Step 5: Give the contents of the bowl a good mix. You can add canned shrimp at this point if you wish.
- Step 6: Once the mixture is well mixed, you can spread it on your toasted bread directly or pour it into a container and slightly refrigerate it to harden the mix before spreading it.
- Step 7: Put them on a foil or baking pan. Generously spread the mixture on each muffin slice, put them back in the oven, and let it bake for 10 to 15 minutes. It would have formed a yummy and crunchy crust when you take it out.
- Step 8: Sprinkle some green onions and add your avocado (both optional). Your crabby snack is ready.
Read also: Can You Make Hamburger Helper Without Milk?
Homemade Egg Pasta
If you are using one egg, you need 100g of flour. If you use two eggs, you will measure 200g of flour.
- Step 1: Put 200 grams of flour in a clean, flat-bottomed bowl. Create a well in the middle of the floor and break two eggs in it. You create a well because you don’t want your eggs to fall out. Use a fork to beat the eggs well, then gradually mix them with the flour.
- Step 2: Add a little olive oil and ¼ cup of water. Use your hands to knead the mixture until it forms a dough. Knead the dough until it feels smooth and elastic. If the dough feels too stiff, add water one tablespoon at a time as you knead it. Cover the bowl with foil or plastic wrap and leave for about 15 to 30 minutes when it looks well blended.
- Step 3: Next, cut your dough into four pieces and use a rolling pin to flatten each into a thin rectangle.
- Step 4: Use a pasta machine to cut the dough into thin pasta strands. You can also use a knife to cut it into long, thin strips.
- Step 5: Pour the pasta into boiling water and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes. You can enjoy it with any sauce of your choice.
Crabby Snacks Recipe – Know your ingredients
- English muffins or baguette or any bread of your choice
- Cheese (Can be gotten from any grocery store)
- Canned crab meat
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Canned shrimp (optional)
- Green onions (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
Read also: 9 Best Spices to Add to Ramen
Homemade Recipe – Know your ingredients
- Whole large eggs
- White flour
- Olive oil
Unlike crabby snacks, homemade egg pasta requires fewer ingredients but a more skillful technique when kneading your dough.