When you don’t have time to order pizza, bagel bits are a great alternative. These low-fat tiny bagels with cheese, pepperoni, and pork are filling and nutritious enough to keep you going throughout the day.
They’re sliced into quarters for handy bite-sized nibbling. They’re quite convenient due to their size, and they can be cooked in the microwave in under three minutes. However, because bagels must be stored in the freezer to maintain their quality, many people often wonder how long you need to cook bagel bites in an air fryer, oven, and microwave.
How Long to Cook Bagel Bites in Microwave
A packet of four bagel pieces requires 1 minute and 45 seconds of heating time while a packet of eight will take about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. If you need to cook a package containing twelve bagel bites, the cooking process will take about 2 minutes and 45 seconds or 3 minutes at most. In both circumstances, you’ll need to use a high-power setting to cook your bagel bites.
The cooking time for bagel bites is determined by the number of pieces in the package. Also, the capacity of your microwave is important because a microwave with a lesser power rate will take longer to cook these little pizzas than, say, an 1100-Watt microwave.
Also, please keep in mind that they should be left for a minute or two before serving and consumption for the best results
How Long Do You Cook Bagel Bites in the Oven?
It takes a minimum of 12 minutes to cook bagel bites in an oven. A packet of four bagels will take about 12 minutes while a packet of nine will take about 12 to 14 minutes. Also, a packet of twelve bagels will take 12 minutes while a packet of twenty will take 14 minutes. A packet of 24 bagels will also take 14 minutes to cook in an oven.
If you want a crispier crust on your bagel bites, bake them in the oven. The bagel bites don’t get stuck in the tray nearly as much as other methods of preparation. They also come out of the oven at the proper temperature, although they take a little longer to cook.
After cooking the bagel bites in an oven, set them aside for some minutes before eating.
How Long Do You Cook Bagel Bites in Air Fryer?
It takes around 8 minutes to cook bagel bites in Air Fryer. Because different air fryer models cook differently, it’s always a good idea to watch them the first time you use them. I’ll advise you to cook them at 380-degree Fahrenheit and check them after 5 minutes to see whether they needed further time.
Read also: Is Brisket Beef or Pork? How Healthy Is It?
Bagel Bites Cooking Instructions – The Steps
Bagel Bites are a popular snack since they are simple to prepare. In most cases, you can cook them using your oven, air fryer, or microwave. Simply heating them in a microwave will suffice, and if you do decide to do so, you will only need to follow a few basic steps.
- Before microwaving Bagel Bites, do not thaw them.
- Open the carton box and remove Bagel Bites from the freezer.
- Remove the plastic wrapper from the crisping tray and throw it away.
- Place frozen Bagel Bites, toppings facing up, on a microwave-safe platter.
- Place the plate in the microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes and 10 seconds.
- Make sure to cook your bagel bites until they reach a temperature of 165°F.
- Allow a few minutes for the Bagel Bites to cool slightly before serving.
Besides, you can cook your Bagel Bites in the crisping tray. If you don’t have a microwave-safe plate on hand, this is a convenient option.
To cook your bagel bites in an oven, follow these steps:
- Let the oven heat up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 degrees Celsius).
- Place the Bagel Bites on a baking sheet, 0.5 in (1.3 cm) apart, and bake on the upper center rack.
- Depending on the variety and number of Bagel Bites, the baking time may differ.
- Remove the Bagel Bites from the oven and set them aside to cool for 5 minutes.
Ps. Do not use a crisping tray when cooking your bagel in an oven.
Read also: Are Clif Bars Healthy for Weight Loss, Breakfast, and Diabetes?
To cook your Bagel Bites in an air fryer, follow these instructions:
- Preheat the air fryer to 375° F
- Get the number of bagel bites you want from the pack and place the bagel bites in a single line in the air fryer basket so there are not touching.
- Then air fry the bagels for 5-6 minutes in the air fryer
- After 5 minutes, check to see if they are done to your liking. If it’s not, you can cook for another 1-2 minutes if necessary.
You can’t go wrong cooking bagel bites at home now that you know the approximate cook time. Make sure to follow the instructions on the frozen bagel bites box, whether you’re using the oven, toaster, or microwave. This is the most effective method for making beautiful bagel bites for your family.