Here’s how to cook pancakes in frying pan and oven. Think of bread made from batter, not from the dough. Yes, you thought right; bread made from batter is pancake. Another basic difference is the cooking method. Pancake is usually fried using oil or butter.
This cake, thin and round, possesses health nutrients you might want to absorb for breakfast.
We say this because starch is used as the base for pancakes, after which other nutrient-filled ingredients such as eggs, milk, and butter are added. Additionally, pancakes can be served with fillings and toppings such as berries and caramel syrup.
However, the cooking method for pancakes determines how much we will enjoy savoring this delicious meal. This article presents how to cook pancakes in a frying pan, oven, or stove. Please read on
How to Cook Pancakes in A Frying Pan
Using a frying pan to cook your pancake has proven to be the easiest and most trusted method. A frying pan’s surface area makes it convenient to get a perfectly flat and round pancake and flip it easily. Here’s a guide:
- Prepare pancake batter
- Heat the frying pan on medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Grease the pan with little oil and pour pancake batter until it fills the frying pan surface. Make sure to maintain the thin layer.
- Leave to cook for about 45 seconds. It’ll turn golden brown afterward.
- Use a palette knife, spatula, or a slotted spoon to flip the pancake to the other side for it to cook. Ensure you firmly hold the handle of the frying pan.
- Gently lift the pancake off the frying pan when done and repeat the process till the batter is exhausted.
How to Cook Pancakes in The Oven
Pancakes can also be baked in the oven. Here’s how:
- Prepare pancake batter
- Preheat oven to a temperature of 375°C. This is an important step for baking pancakes in the oven.
- Pour pancake batter into a skillet or baking pan after greasing the pan with a little oil.
- Leave to cook for a few seconds. Avoid pressing down the pancake with the spatula to avoid eliminating the fluffiness.
- Flip to the other side and leave to cook.
- Remove the pancake from the skillet and repeat the process till the batter finishes.
Our 2 Best Pancake Unique Pancake Recipe Ideas
A recipe is said to be great if it can be tweaked and altered in various forms to get delicious, savory meals. These two unique pancake recipes are a must-try. Pancakes have never been better.
Pan-fried Chocolate Pancake RecipeCourse: breakfast food, appetizers, main courses, dessertsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
Here is our best pan-fried pancake recipe. Let’s know what you think by leaving a review.
2 large eggs
2 tbsp of sugar
2 tbsp of butter
¼ tsp of salt
1 cup of flour
1½ cups of milk
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 tsp of cocoa powder (sieved)
A little oil
- Crack eggs in a bowl and add sugar. Then mix thoroughly.
- Add butter and salt and mix well
- Pour flour into the mixture, followed by milk, and mix until it is smooth and lump free.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well
- Divide the mixture in two. Add cocoa powder to one and mix until it is well combined.
- Pour chocolate batter into a plastic bottle and create a hole in its lid. You can also use a pastry nozzle.
- Grease the pan with oil. Then, gradually pour the pancake batter without cocoa powder to take the frying pan’s shape
- After 10 seconds, add the chocolate batter, using the plastic bottle or nozzle, to create a shape of your choice on the pancake in the pan. Be sure to do this quickly for both mixtures to be well-done. You can also decide to start with the chocolate batter.
Read also: Can I Eat Pancakes After Tooth Extraction?
Oven-baked Banana Pancake Recipe
- Prep time: 30-40 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes for each badge of pancake
- Total time: 35-45 minutes
- Servings: 2 servings
- 2 big bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1½ cups of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- 3 tsp of oil
- Peel and slice bananas into thin circular slices. You can also decide to mash bananas. Then set aside.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add salt and one-and-a-half-spoon sugar, and whisk well.
- Add milk and flour and mix evenly for a smooth pancake batter
- Add two tsp of cooking oil and mix until well combined. Then, set aside.
- Grease the griddle pan with oil. Then, sprinkle sugar evenly into it. Next, arrange the slices of bananas on the sprinkled sugar such that it takes the shape of the griddle pan.
- Gradually pour pancake batter on the bananas.
- Preheat your oven to 375°C and place the pan in it. Leave to cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip to the other side. You can flip by using a spatula or placing a flat plate over the pan, then turn it over. Ensure to grease your pan a second time before placing the other side in the pan to cook.
- Repeat the process till your bananas and pancake batter finishes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pancakes are a healthy, nutritious, and delicious go-to breakfast. What is more if you tweak your recipe and use filling and toppings. Oh! How exciting. Try out these recipes and let us know what you think.
It takes a maximum of two minutes for pancakes to be well done on both sides or attain a golden brown color on both sides.
Here you will find recipes for dishes that are both familiar and exotic, all designed to tantalize your taste buds and inspire your inner chef. So whether you’re an experienced cook or just starting out, we hope you will find something to excite your palate.