Longhorn Brussel Sprouts recipe bursting with great flavors that leave you wanting more. All it requires is just some aromatic spices and a slightly different cooking technique. After putting a little effort to make this recipe. Your brussel sprouts will amaze friends and family as they are not only crispy but also stand out with their perfectly balanced sweetness and a slight kick from the chili powder.
Not everyone claims to be a fan of radish sprouts. In fact, they have always had a bad reputation for their bitter taste and slimy texture. However, this brussel sprouts recipe will change your opinion completely. This dish is served at LongHorn Steakhouse – an American restaurant chain run by George W. McKerrow Jr. was established in 1981.
The recipe includes roasting brussel sprouts, which is the perfect way to reduce the bitterness of this vegetable. Furthermore, brussel sprouts are fried crispy and sweeter because the high cooking temperature allows the natural sugars to caramelize. This dish also stands out for its secret spice mix recipe.
- Brussels Sprouts (2 lbs)
- Sugar (1 teaspoon)
- Honey (1/3 cup)
- Sea salt (1 teaspoon)
- Calabrian Pepper Dates (2 tbsp)
- Butter (1/2 cup)
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Longhorn Brussel Sprouts recipe everyone loves Tutorial
Step 1: To start this Longhorn Brussel sprouts recipe, first wash the brussel sprouts well.
Step 2: Bring water to a boil. Add sprouts and blanch for about 4 minutes.
Step 3: Remove the sprouts from the water and transfer to a plastic fruit basket to drain the water.
Step 4: Put in a small bowl of sugar, honey, sea salt and Calabrian Chili Rub. Mix all ingredients together until combined.
Step 5: Put the pan on the stove, add the bok choy sprouts. Fry quickly and then spread on paper towels to remove excess oil. You can also bake brussel sprouts in a 475-degree oven for about 15 to 25 minutes.
Step 6: In the same pan, melt the butter and add the spice mixture.
Step 7: Put the bok choy into the bowl on the plate and pour the sauce on top. Serve while still hot as an accompaniment. That’s how you make your own Longhorn Brussel Sprouts!
- Fried bok choy is best when eaten right away. That’s why you need to cook them right before the main dish is served.
- Feel free to use sunflower or avocado oil instead of regular olive or cooking oil.
- Brussel sprouts make the perfect accompaniment to grilled fish, grilled chicken or lamb.
More cooking tips: How to cook frozen diced potatoes in the oven – Useful cooking tips
- Brussels sprouts are like cabbage, only smaller in size. However, the processing of these two vegetables is quite similar. First you have to wash the sprouts and remove all the yellow leaves. Trim the edges of the sprouts to keep them nice and fresh.
- After you have prepared the brussel sprouts as mentioned above, you need to blanch for about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and cook the brussel sprouts in the oven or quickly fry on the stovetop. Don’t forget to add your favorite herbs and spices for a delicious Longhorn Brussel Sprouts recipe.
- If you follow the recipe for the Longhorn Honey Butter Brussel Sprouts we just introduced above, you’ll end up with a dish that’s up to 90% closer to what you’ve eaten at Longhorn. However, you can also get creative and play with your favorite spices.
- You can pre-cook the brussel sprouts. You just need to blanch the sprouts and let them drain. Wait for a while until the sprouts have cooled down. Store them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. If you freeze brussel sprouts, they can last longer.
- You can make Brussel sprouts in an air fryer, the Longhorn Brussel Sprouts recipe air fryer is absolutely possible. You can fry your brussel sprouts at 375°F. Be sure to shake the air fryer basket during the cooking process so that the vegetables cook evenly.
Cooking brussel sprouts in an air fryer
Longhorn Brussel Sprouts is a special recipe that is different from the Brussels that people used to make regularly. However, the difference is that it has been modified and added a number of different flavors and spices. In the past, there were many people who did not like Brussels because it did not suit their taste. However, when you make and enjoy Longhorn Brussel Sprouts by yourself, it will definitely change your opinion. Before starting to prepare this dish you need to note the recipe, tips as well as the notes given above. This will help you get the desired dish.
Hi, We are Bourbon O, a food blogger, cookbook author. I love eating lots of delicious food and figuring out how to make them.I have been an artist and journalist for many years. I am a food blogger who is crazy about food, drink and specially kitchen gadgets.