How long to cook pork tenderloin in oven at 400 ° F is a cooking secret that not everyone knows. The cooking time strongly affects the pork’s juiciness and tenderness. If you overcook Pork tenderloin, the meat will not only lose a certain amount of nutrients, but it will also taste dry and chewy. In this article, we will give you the exact time to cook this dish at 400-degrees F. Let’s check it out!
How long to cook pork tenderloin in oven at 400 ° F?
Pork tenderloin only requires a short cooking time to avoid drying out the meat. More specifically, it should be baked for 20 to 25 minutes in a 400-degree F oven. The exact cooking time depends majorly on how long you want to sear them and the weight of the tenderloins. To achieve the best results, we recommend that you use a meat thermometer. If the thermometer reads 145 degrees then the pork is ready to be removed from the oven. You can also wait until the internal temp reaches 150 °F to make sure the pork is cooked through.
If you skip the searing step, bake the pork tenderloin until the surface is crispy and browned and the center is a little pink (about 25 – 35 minutes). However, it’s important that you sear the pork as this helps lock in the juices, making the meat juicy inside.
As mentioned above, the cooking time is also up to the pork tenderloin’s weight. You can bake it uncovered in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes per pound. Another method is to use a thermometer as we suggested before.
RELATED RECIPE: How long to bake salmon at 400 degree F – Useful tips
Recipe for the best cooked pork tenderloin
For roasted pork tenderloin:
- Oil (1 tablespoon)
- Ground black pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
- Salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Pork tenderloin (1 pound)
For mushroom sauce:
- Sliced white or cremini mushrooms (12 ounces)
- Fresh parsley (3 tablespoons)
- All-purpose flour (1 tablespoon)
- Softened butter (1 tablespoon)
- Worcestershire sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Chicken broth (1 cup)
- White wine (1/2 cup)
- Dried thyme (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 onion (finely diced)
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Ground pepper and salt to taste
Instructions for cooking pork tenderloin
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400-degrees F. Place an aluminum foil in a baking sheet.
Step 2: Season the pork tenderloin with pepper and salt. Heat up the oil and sear the pork in a frying pan. Then transfer the pork tenderloin to a baking sheet.
Step 3: Cook until reaches an internal temp of 145-degrees F (According to the National Pork Board). If you’re asking how long to cook pork tenderloin in oven at 400 with searing, this process will take about 18 – 20 minutes.
Step 4: Let the pork rest for about 5 minutes or more before slicing.
Note:: You can use aluminum foil to cover the pork tenderloin and roast for about 30 minutes. Then remove the foil, pour some sauce over the pork and cook until the pork’s internal temperature reaches 145-degrees F. Pull the baking tray with the pork tenderloin from the oven, cover it with foil. Then let it rest for 15 minutes.
More recipe: How to make your own Popeye’s gravy recipe
Instructions for making mushroom sauce
Step 1: Saute the onions until softened (3 to 5 minutes).
Step 2: Add mushrooms, pepper, salt and thyme. Cook until the mushrooms release juices.
Step 3: Pour in some wine. Add Worcestershire sauce and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a low boil (for about 2 to 3 minutes).
Step 4: Heat up the butter, then add parsley and flour. Whisk into the chicken broth mixture and bring to a boil (about 1 minute).
Step 5: Simmer until the sauce is thickened. Serve over the sliced pork tenderloin.
Cooking tips for roasted pork tenderloin
- Sear the pork before baking it in the oven. Searing only takes about 6 minutes but it’ll give the pork a beautiful color, seal in the juices and add more flavors.
- Deglaze the roasting pan with wine or a little beef stock will keep the pork juicy.
- While the pork tenderloin rests, some of the juices will escape from the pork. Pour the juices over the pork slices or add to the sauce for extra flavor.
- Avoid overcooking the pork as it’s very lean and can become dry very easily.
- To maintain the pork’s juiciness: In the searing pan, place the pork tenderloin fat side up. This way, the fat layer will baste the roast while cooking, preventing the pork from becoming tough and dry.
- Brush the outside of the pork with olive oil, spices and fresh herbs before cooking.
- If you cook pork tenderloin medallions, try grilling or frying them on both sides for a few minutes.
- Serve the pork tenderloin with roasted broccoli, roasted asparagus, kale apple salad, creamy cucumber salad…
- If you follow the rule of thumb, it should take about 25 minutes per pound in a 350-degree oven to cook pork tenderloin in oven
How long to cook pork tenderloin in a 375-degree oven
Preheat the oven to 375-degrees F and lay the pork in a baking dish (right in the middle). Brush the tenderloin with olive oil, vegetables and add 1/8 teaspoon salt for seasoning. Bake until the thermometer reaches 155-degrees F (about 30-45 minutes).
Hopefully for those who are concerned about how long to cook pork tenderloin in oven at 400 ° F, this article will be the answer you need. To sum up, cooking pork tenderloin is all about maintaining the moisture and tenderness of the meat. That’s why an instant-read meat thermometer is needed to check the pork’s internal temperature. Don’t be hesitant to share with Bourbon O your cooking tips and experience down below in the comment section!
Hi, We are Bourbon O, a food blogger, cookbook author. I love eating lots of delicious food and figuring out how to make them.I have been an artist and journalist for many years. I am a food blogger who is crazy about food, drink and specially kitchen gadgets.